Student Video Series: “Limnology in Winter”
NALMS is seeking student-produced videos of “Limnology in Winter” for inclusion in the video series hosted on the NALMS YouTube channel and website.
In addition to the basic requirements in the Video Evaluation Rubric, this video should cover:
- Explanation of why winter limnology is important
- General knowledge of lakes in winter including temperature and dissolved oxygen profiles
- Research opportunities in winter limnology
- Explain the hypothesis/-es of your winter limnology project, specific predictions, and results (if available) or current state of project
- Explain the dynamics of winter productivity across a wide sample of lakes
- Tools and guidance for safe winter sampling
Awards for top video include: $500 USD travel award to annual NALMS conference; free one-year NALMS membership; promotion on NALMS website, YouTube channel, and social media platforms; and an award and recognition at the annual NALMS conference.*
*If a video is authored by multiple students, these award benefits will be split equally among the authors.