We want to hear, share, and recognize the efforts of individuals, organizations, programs, and corporations who are making a notable impact in lake and reservoir management. Consider nominating a deserving individual or group for one of the following NALMS awards.
Leadership and Service Awards
Nominations should detail how individuals or teams demonstrate leadership, service, and practice of lake and reservoir management. Selection criteria for Leadership and Service Awards include level of involvement, measurable impact, sustainability of action(s), and innovation in lake and reservoir management.
Nomination should address the significance of an individual or team’s volunteer efforts devoted to lake and reservoir management. Professionals (i.e., anyone paid to work for the project) are ineligible.
- Community Education and Outreach
Nomination should address an individual or team’s design, facilitation, or performance of exceptional education and outreach activity facilitating community understanding and appreciation for lake and reservoir management.
Nominations should address how individuals or teams contribute among a variety of lake and reservoir management areas. Selection criteria for Appreciation Awards include level of involvement, measurable impact, sustainability of action(s), and innovation in lake and reservoir management.
- Secchi Disk Award
Nomination should articulate how an individual member is considered to have contributed the most to the achievement of NALMS’ goals. Award recipient must be a NALMS member.
- Jim Flynn Award
Nomination should recognize how an organizational member is considered to have contributed the most to NALMS’ goals. Recipient must be a NALMS corporate member.
- Friends of NALMS Award
Nomination should detail major contributions of an individual or team to NALMS. Contributions extend beyond monetary donations.
- Lake Management Success Stories
Nomination should demonstrate an individual or team improvement in lake/reservoir condition or watershed management in a cost-effective manner.
- Advancements in Lake Management Technologies
Nomination should emphasize process of discovering, developing, or refining innovative methods, technologies, or processes targeting safer, cost-effective, and more effective lake/reservoir/watershed management. Individuals or teams completing research projects within the category that contribute to the science of lake management are eligible. Nominations should include supportive documentation (e.g., journal articles).
Secchi Disk Award and Jim Flynn Award nominations must be NALMS members. Current NALMS board members and members of the NALMS Awards Committee are not eligible for nomination.
Any individual or entity may submit nominations. Nominations must include the following items:
- Nominator contact information (name, title, mailing address, telephone number, and email)
- Nominee contact information (name, title, organization/affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email)
- NALMS Award for nomination
- Brief and complete description of achievement(s) to be recognized, along with statement of how nominee’s efforts meet specific award criteria
- Submit nomination by email (one per nomination) to Dana Stephens, at address below
- Please contact Dana with any questions or concerns
- Nominations for the 2018 Achievement Awards are due by August 15, 2018
NALMS Award Liaison
100 College Blvd.
Niceville, FL 32578