Our mission is a simple, but powerful one: to forge partnerships among citizens, scientists, and professionals to foster the management and protection of lakes and reservoirs … for today and tomorrow.
NALMS is not focused on professionals, academic researchers, or any smaller interest group alone; rather, NALMS is a melting pot, welcoming anyone interested in lakes.
NALMS goals are:
- To promote the exchange of information on aspects of managing lakes and their watersheds.
- To promote public awareness of lake ecosystems.
- To encourage public support for promoting management of lakes and their watersheds.
- To provide guidance to agencies involved in management activities for lakes and their watersheds.
- To boost the professional status of those engaged in managing lakes and their watersheds.
- To identify needs and encourage research on lake ecology and watershed management.
Save the Date!
NALMS 40th International Symposium
NALMS at 40: Leveraging Experience to Manage Diverse Lakes, Landscapes, and People
November 16–20, 2020
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Check out the latest from LakeLine Magazine!
A NALMS membership is required to access LakeLine.