Our mission is a simple, but powerful one: to forge partnerships among citizens, scientists, and professionals to foster the management and protection of lakes and reservoirs … for today and tomorrow.
NALMS is not focused on professionals, academic researchers, or any smaller interest group alone; rather, NALMS is a melting pot, welcoming anyone interested in lakes.
NALMS goals are:
- To promote the exchange of information on aspects of managing lakes and their watersheds.
- To promote public awareness of lake ecosystems.
- To encourage public support for promoting management of lakes and their watersheds.
- To provide guidance to agencies involved in management activities for lakes and their watersheds.
- To boost the professional status of those engaged in managing lakes and their watersheds.
- To identify needs and encourage research on lake ecology and watershed management.
12th National Monitoring Conference
Working Together, Virtually, for Clean Water
April 19–23, 2021 • OnlineRegistration is open!
November 15–18, 2021 • Oklahoma City, OklahomaSubmit Your Abstract
Check out the latest from LakeLine Magazine!
A NALMS membership is required to access LakeLine.