Our mission is a simple, but powerful one: to forge partnerships among citizens, scientists, and professionals to foster the management and protection of lakes and reservoirs … for today and tomorrow.
NALMS is not focused on professionals, academic researchers, or any smaller interest group alone; rather, NALMS is a melting pot, welcoming anyone interested in lakes.
NALMS goals are:
- To promote the exchange of information on aspects of managing lakes and their watersheds.
- To promote public awareness of lake ecosystems.
- To encourage public support for promoting management of lakes and their watersheds.
- To provide guidance to agencies involved in management activities for lakes and their watersheds.
- To boost the professional status of those engaged in managing lakes and their watersheds.
- To identify needs and encourage research on lake ecology and watershed management.
November 15–19, 2021 • VirtualLearn More
September 17, 2021
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and our commitment to the safety of our attendees, partners, and staff, NALMS and OCLWA have decided to move this year’s conference online and work with the Omni Hotel Oklahoma City to reschedule the in-person conference for a future year.
Revised program and registration information will be posted here soon. We will work with those of you who have already paid for registration to either apply those funds to the virtual conference, with a refund for the balance, or refund your full payment.
Thank you for your patience as we make this transition.
Check out the latest from LakeLine Magazine!
A NALMS membership is required to access LakeLine.
NALMS Notes & Lake News is an electronic newsletter of NALMS published every other month. Each issue is primarily focused on NALMS news and activities. A subscription to NALMS Notes & Lake News is included with all NALMS membership levels, but membership is not required to receive it and we encourage members to share it.