Welcome to NALMS
Our mission is a simple, but powerful one: to forge partnerships among citizens, scientists, and professionals to foster the management and protection of lakes and reservoirs … for today and tomorrow.
NALMS is not focused on professionals, academic researchers, or any smaller interest group alone; rather, NALMS is a melting pot, welcoming anyone interested in lakes.
NALMS goals are:
- To promote the exchange of information on aspects of managing lakes and their watersheds.
- To promote public awareness of lake ecosystems.
- To encourage public support for promoting management of lakes and their watersheds.
- To provide guidance to agencies involved in management activities for lakes and their watersheds.
- To boost the professional status of those engaged in managing lakes and their watersheds.
- To identify needs and encourage research on lake ecology and watershed management.
NALMS 36th International Symposium
November 1–4, 2016
Banff, Alberta, Canada
Thank you to all of our attendees, members, sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, the Alberta Lake Management Society, Living Lakes Canada, and everyone who made NALMS 2016 such an amazing success!
– – – – – –
– – – – – –
Save the Dates: Join us for NALMS 38th International Symposium (October 30th-November 2nd, 2018) in Cincinnati, Ohio!