With students, families, and professionals spending more time at home due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’d like to offer this list of activities and resources to help curb boredom, encourage creativity and learning, and have some fun!
We’ll do our best to keep our online calendar up-to-date with the latest webinars and other virtual events. Feel free to add your own virtual event here.
- NALMS Student Poster Contest
All students grades 1-12 are welcome to take part! The deadline for digital submissions is May 15th.
- Lakes Appreciation BINGO
Lake facts, activities, and coloring sheet!
In partnership with Earth Science Laboratories
- Educational STEM Resources
St. Johns River Water Management District
- Watershed Word Sleuth
Lake Hopatcong Foundation, NALMS Nonprofit member
- STEM resources for at-home learning
National Science Foundation
- Great Lakes for Kids Activity Sheet
Ohio Sea Grant
- Live lake webcams – it will feel like you’re actually there (almost)
Center for Limnology – UW-Madison
- Virtual tours of national parks via Google Earth
- Outdoor recreation + social distancing – keep from going stir crazy
- Impacts of Freshwater Harmful Algal Blooms on Recreational Beneficial Uses / 2020 April 20
California Lake Management Society, NALMS Affiliate member
- Restoring Living Shorelands / 2020 April 21
New England Chapter of NALMS, NALMS Affiliate member
For remote workers:
Resources compiled by the River Network team.
- Nonprofit Pandemic Resources
North Carolina Center for Nonprofit Organizations
- A Guide to Remote Working for Nonprofits
- Nonprofit Resources for Remote Work During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Tech Tips for Working Remotely During COVID-19
Earth Institute at Columbia University
- A Good Time to Get Good at Virtual Meetings
We will update this list as more resources become available. If a resource is attributed to a partner or third-party, we will be certain to give credit.
Last updated: 2020 April 29