Student Opportunity – Submit Your Videos!
Request for NALMS Student Video Series:
“Measuring Secchi Depth”
In addition to the basic requirements (which can be found in the Video Evaluation Rubric), this video must also cover:
- Preparation steps – marking the rope to which the Secchi disk is attached at appropriate intervals
- Safety precautions and procedures, including boating safety if applicable
- Appropriate location of sampling in relation to the sun
- Notes on sunglasses and time of day when Secchi depth can be collected
- Detailed, step-by-step processes of determination of Secchi depth, including the averaging process
DEADLINE for video submissions – December 1, 2016.
Interested in learning more? Visit the Student Video Series webpage.