Our mission is a simple, but powerful one: to forge partnerships among citizens, scientists, and professionals to foster the management and protection of lakes and reservoirs … for today and tomorrow.
NALMS is not focused on professionals, academic researchers, or any smaller interest group alone; rather, NALMS is a melting pot, welcoming anyone interested in lakes.
NALMS goals are:
- To promote the exchange of information on aspects of managing lakes and their watersheds.
- To promote public awareness of lake ecosystems.
- To encourage public support for promoting management of lakes and their watersheds.
- To provide guidance to agencies involved in management activities for lakes and their watersheds.
- To boost the professional status of those engaged in managing lakes and their watersheds.
- To identify needs and encourage research on lake ecology and watershed management.
12th National Monitoring Conference
Working Together, Virtually, for Clean Water
April 19–23, 2021 • Online
November 15–18, 2021 • Oklahoma City, OklahomaSubmit Your Abstract Register Now
We are planning the 2021 symposium as our first chance to get back to face-to-face meetings. However, we understand that not everyone will be able to attend in person, and so will also be coordinating limited live virtual opportunities during the conference as well as asynchronous programming. Abstract submitters will be asked as to their intended participation and given the choice of “in-person” or “virtual only.” All presenters will be encouraged to submit their presentation pre- or post-conference for online asynchronous viewing.
Check out the latest from LakeLine Magazine!
A NALMS membership is required to access LakeLine.
NALMS Notes & Lake News is an electronic newsletter of NALMS published every other month. Each issue is primarily focused on NALMS news and activities. A subscription to NALMS Notes & Lake News is included with all NALMS membership levels, but membership is not required to receive it and we encourage members to share it.