NALMS is closely monitoring the ongoing outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and following recommendations and guidelines from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). NALMS acknowledge that the 2021 International Symposium may be affected by the prevailing COVID-19 epidemics/pandemic and that the situation may trigger stoppage, hindrance or delays in NALMS’ ability to host the event. If the CDC or the World Health Organization (1) declares a pandemic, as the CDC or WHO defines that term (or a previous such declaration remains in place at any time during the 60 days prior to scheduled event) within the sixty (60) day period prior to the scheduled event, and (2) issues a Warning Level 3 travel notice for Oklahoma City (or such previously issued Warning remains in place at any time during the 60 days prior to the scheduled event), NALMS will consider options to reschedule the 2021 International Symposium.
Additionally, NALMS will consider options for modifying the format of the symposium if the federal, state, or local government with jurisdiction over the event location issues (or maintains) a restriction effective for the date(s) of the scheduled event limiting the number of attendees at an event or in an enclosed area to a number that would make the scheduled event impractical or impossible. This also includes Executive order, government shut-down and/or travel bans by federal, state, county, or local governments that limit or suspend activities of the agencies that are sponsoring the event and supporting attendee travel, that has the effect of reducing or delaying anticipated attendance. NALMS will continue to monitor conditions on the ground and may update attendee guidance as needed.
If these conditions occur, NALMS will work with exhibitors, sponsors and registrants to provide a credit (preferred) to use for future conferences to be used within one (1) calendar year or issue a refund.
We are asking all of our event and conference participants not to attend NALMS if you:
- Have recently traveled to any of the high-risk areas for COVID-19 transmission as identified by the CDC, or
- Have contracted COVID-19 yourself within the past 14 days, or
- Have had close contact with family members or friends who have returned from those countries within the past 14 days.
When attending our events, we ask that you follow general precautionary practices, which include:
- Avoid shaking hands
- Shield your coughs or sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash; if a tissue is not available, use your sleeve
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are feeling ill
- Follow local guidance with regards to social distancing, mask wearing and other guidance: https://www.okc.gov/residents/prepare-okc/know-what-to-do/epidemics-and-pandemics
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the NALMS office.