Show Your Lakes Appreciation Challenge
In the month of July, NALMS invites you to participate in the social media Show Your Lakes Appreciation Challenge! The goal of the challenge is to promote and encourage support for Lakes Appreciation Month, as well as to highlight the importance of lakes, reservoirs, and all freshwater resources, along with the issues they face.
Here’s how you can join in:
- Share a #lakeselfie or photos of your friends, family, colleagues, pets, etc. enjoying or working on a lake or reservoir! The contest officially runs July 1st-31st.
- Log onto Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram and upload your picture.
- Add an informative, funny, or witty caption along with the name of the lake.
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to use the hashtag #LakesAppreciation and tag NALMS in your post so we can find your entry. Only utilizing the #lakeselfie hashtag will not guarantee entry in the contest.
Why should you join in?
Winners will be determined via a raffle, picked randomly at the end of Lakes Appreciation Month, and announced via social media on Tuesday, August 3rd. Our three winners will be contacted to collect their prizes.
- First Place (first raffle draw): A NALMS long sleeve shirt, NALMS baseball hat, AND a $100 REI gift card (donated by our friends at Princeton Hydro)
- Second Place (second raffle draw): A NALMS long sleeve shirt
- Third Place (third raffle draw): A NALMS baseball hat
With your permission…
- NALMS may include your photo on our Lakes Appreciation Month webpages or other media.
- NALMS will consider your photo for the Photo of the Month in our quarterly e-newsletter, NALMS Notes & Lake News.
Because You’re Awesome
- And you are! Thank you for joining the “Show Your Lakes Appreciation Challenge” and for appreciating your lakes! All life needs water; let’s not take it for granted!
Thank you to our contest prize sponsor!