Whether you are interested in becoming a member of the NALMS Board of Directors, or you are currently serving (thank you!), here you will find the resources you need to: 1) ascertain if volunteering as a director is the right fit for you; or 2) understand your duties as a director and how to perform them well.
What is expected of a regional director?
- Attend two board meetings per year (mid-term and annual). The mid-term meeting occurs in concert with the National Water Quality Monitoring Conference on even years and in April or May on odd years.
- Participate in monthly ExComm calls, which occur the first Thursday of each month from 1-2 pm EST.
- Solicit membership in your region, call for renewals, and complete exit surveys (if possible) for those not renewing.
- Contact the expired members in your region and encourage them to renew. The Membership Director provides this list before or on the 1st of each month.
- Promote the student mentorship program to your region.
- Encourage award nominations from your region.
- Work to increase sponsorship at the symposium and attendance from your region.
- Visit with sponsors and exhibitors at the annual conference.
- Contact the grants, marketing, and fundraising committee with funding diversification ideas.