NALMS Seeks Editor-in-Chief for Lake and Reservoir Management
The Board of Directors of the North American Lake Management Society (NALMS) seeks letters of interest from individuals wishing to serve as the next Editor-in-Chief (EIC) of the society’s peer-reviewed publication, Lake and Reservoir Management (LRM).
LRM publishes original, previously-unpublished studies relevant to lake and reservoir management. LRM addresses the management of lakes and reservoirs, their watersheds and tributaries, along with the limnological and ecological analyses needed for the sound management of such systems. LRM addresses scientific, economic, social, and regulatory aspects of water resource management. LRM also serves as a resource for lake managers, researchers and policy makers. Journal papers demonstrate strong relevance to lake management, integrate findings with current knowledge, apply sound study design and data analysis, and convey messages in a clear and concise manner. The EIC oversees all aspects of the publication process and works with an editorial board of approximately 25 highly-qualified associate editors that have expertise spanning all aspects of lake and reservoir management.
The duration of the assignment is negotiable, with a range of 3 to 5 years, commencing in January 2024, with training beginning several months earlier. NALMS offers a stipend for the position.
Interested individuals should:
- Possess a wide range of experience in lake management and the breadth of topics that come under the umbrella of LRM;
- Have experience with LRM, or a similar journal, as an associate editor or editor-in-chief, or an equivalent position;
- Be familiar with electronic manuscript management systems, such as ScholarOne or similar;
- Have participated in NALMS or a similar society as a member, officer, or volunteer;
- Possess tact and diplomacy;
- Recognize the importance of publishing high quality research from diverse researchers;
- Be aware of potential sources of biases in peer review and publication processes and best practices in how to minimize them;
- Demonstrate excellent project and schedule management skills, and attention to detail; and
- Have excellent scientific/technical English writing and editing skills.
Interested individuals should send an application package including a letter of interest, CV/resume, and a list of three references by Friday January 31, 2023 via email to:
Imad Hannoun; Ph.D., P.E.
NALMS Publications Committee Chair
President, Water Quality Solutions Incorporated
The letter should express the individual’s interest in the position and outline how they meet the above qualifications. Application materials will be reviewed by the Publications committee and may be followed by an online interview.
If the responder has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Hannoun.