NALMS 2017 Achievement Award Winners
Shining a spotlight on deserving individuals and organizations who have made valuable contributions to the goals of the North American Lake Management Society (NALMS), or have made significant strides in lake management, NALMS Annual Achievement Award winners represent the very best amongst its members and supporters.
NALMS Achievement Awards are presented annually at the Society’s International Symposium, which was recently held November 6-9, 2017, in Denver, CO. This year, NALMS was pleased to honor and recognize a variety of individuals and groups, who were nominated by their peers, from across the United States and Canada.
The 2017 Leadership and Service Award recipients, for their work in Community Education and Outreach, are as follows:
- Introduction to Lakes Online Certification Course Team (Michigan State University Extension)
- Parker Water & Sanitation District (PWSD) and the Rueter-Hess Recreation Authority (Parker, CO)
- SOLitude Lake Management – John Phelps
The 2017 Appreciation Award winners are as follows:
- Al Sosiak (Calgary, AB, Canada), Secchi Disk Award
- HAB Aquatic Solutions (Lincoln, NE), Jim Flynn Outstanding Corporation Award
- Anne Weinberg, Friend of NALMS Award
- Stephen Souza (Princeton Hydro, Ringoes, NJ), Lake Management Success Stories Award
Other award categories focus on NALMS student programs and publications; the winners are as follows:
- Managing lake trout lakes in a warming world: a paleolimnological assessment of nutrients and lake production at three Ontario sites. Nelligan, A. Jeziorski, K. M. Rühland, A. M. Paterson and J. P. Smol (published in issue 32:4 of the Journal of Lake and Reservoir Management), Jim LaBounty Best Paper Award
- Leah Gorman (SUNY Oneonta, Cooperstown, NY), Student Video Series Winner
- Alexa Tumbarello & Sonja Wixom (SUNY Oneonta, Cooperstown, NY), Student Video Series Winner
More information on NALMS Achievement Awards can be found at https://www.nalms.org/nalms-achievement-awards/.