Lakes Appreciation Student Poster Contest
2022 Student Poster Contest
Digital submissions due June 1st
July has been Lakes Appreciation Month for the past 24 years; to celebrate, we are inviting elementary, middle, and high school students to submit posters reflecting on how important lakes are to all of us. Submitted artwork will be a big part of NALMS’ celebrations through July across North America. Show us your love for lakes by sending us your artwork!
Three posters will win a $300 cash prize!
Posters will be judged by grade range, with a winning poster in each division – elementary (grades K-4), middle (grades 5-8), and high school (9-12):
- A $250 cash prize will be awarded to the three winning artists’ schools! Schools are encouraged to utilize these funds for STEM or lake ecology curriculum/materials, activities, and/or field trips.
- A $50 cash prize will be awarded to the three winning student artists!
- Winning submissions will be featured on the NALMS website, e-newsletter, and social media channels.
Help us spread the word!
- Through our downloadable, printable handout – download your copy!
- Through social media! Please use the hashtags: #LakesAppreciation, #LAMPosterContest.
- Through word of mouth – PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION ON TO YOUR LOCAL SCHOOLS AND YOUTH PROGRAMS!