- This event has passed.
Lake Taneycomo Shoreline Cleanup
The 10th Annual Lake Taneycomo Cleanup will be Saturday, September 21, 2019!
Last year more than 175 volunteers filled three 20-yard dumpsters with trash weighing over 4 tons and picked up 28 tires! Volunteers were equipped with gloves and trash bags and life jackets. Cleanup teams start at one of three locations; Branson, Rockaway Beach or Forsyth at Empire Park. They begin at around 9am, work for 3 – 4 hours by boat and shoreline and then are served lunch. We offer the really cool Stream Team t-shirts and a big thank you to all our wonderful, hard working volunteers!
How do you join this effort?
- Mark your calendar and plan to be at one of the start locations. Plan to bring a friend!
- Choose a location that you’d like to work from: Branson RV Camp Ground, Rockaway Beach Park, Forsyth at Powersite Park.
- Sign up below or you can call or email us to register you and your party (only one of your party needs to sign-up and then let us know how many are coming) so we can bring enough supplies and lunch!
- Bring your boats! We always need boats to help with the cleanup on Lake Taneycomo since most of the shoreline is not walkable.
- Show up at the location of your choice at 9:00 a.m. Remember to wear sturdy shoes and dress for the weather. Bring your “trash picker” if you have one (we’ll also provide these, but always need more).