- This event has passed.
ILMS Student Scholarships Deadline
ATTENTION: $500 SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE TO QUALIFIED STUDENTS!
The Indiana Lakes Management Society (ILMS) is pleased to announce that financial assistance is available through the ILMS Scholarship Donation/Silent Auction Fund to help meet the college tuition needs of two applicants for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Who is eligible?
- Students who are currently enrolled (or planning to enroll) in Environmental Science, Aquatic Ecosystem or Watershed Management, or related undergraduate or graduate college-level classes.
- Students who are attending an Indiana college or university.
- Scholarship funds will be awarded preferentially to those applicants who are planning to take classes related to aquatic ecosystems, but other classes may also qualify, especially if they are core classes of an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s Degree program in Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Natural Resources, Fisheries, or Aquatic Resource Management.
How to apply:
Fill out this survey, which includes links to upload a pdf copy of your resume and brief letter of interest containing at a minimum the following:
- Name and contact information
- Scholastic honors or merit awards obtained (e.g., Dean’s List)
- Course work for which scholarship funds are requested
- A description of how this course work relates to the ILMS purpose and objectives (see below)
- Career objectives, past experience in aquatic-related natural resource management employment or volunteerism, and community service.
Timeline: Application letters must be received no later than October 4th, 2021.
Applications will be evaluated based on the letter of interest and GPA. Potential scholarship recipients may be required to schedule a brief committee interview on or after October 4th, 2021. Scholarships will be awarded, and students notified shortly thereafter. Scholarship Funds will be distributed in time to meet tuition needs for the Spring 2022 Semester. Students will also be granted an ILMS membership and registration fee, travel and lodging stipend for the 2022 ILMS Annual Conference April 7th and 8th, 2022 at Swan Lake Resort in Plymouth. For more information and updates, visit the ILMS website at www.indianalakes.org.
ILMS Purpose:“…promote and encourage the understanding and comprehensive management of lakes and reservoirs and their watershed ecosystems.”
- Promote and provide a forum for the sharing of information and experience on scientific, legal, administrative, and financial aspects of lake and watershed management.
- Foster and assist in the development of local lake restoration and protection programs in accordance with appropriate management strategies and techniques.
- Encourage the cooperation and interaction of organizations, agencies, units of government, and individuals concerned with lake and watershed management and protection.
- Encourage, support and assist in the development of local, state and national programs, policies, and legislation promoting lake and watershed management.
- Encourage development and enforcement of laws and legislation designed to protect vital water resources and their environments.