- This event has passed.
2021 International Rainy-Lake of the Woods Watershed Forum
March 10 - March 11$30
2021 International Rainy-Lake of the Woods Watershed Forum will take place virtually this coming March.
Virtual Forum dates: March 10–11, 2021
Abstract Deadline: January 19, 2021. Please get your abstracts in early!
See Abstract Submission for submittal requirements.
Overview: Professional symposium for researchers and resource managers working in the Rainy-Lake of the Woods Watershed.
Themes: Climate change, nutrients & algae, invasive species, paleolimnology, fisheries and more!
Two Focus Sessions with moderated town hall style discussions will provide additional interaction opportunity, in addition to the regular presentations sessions:
- Aquatic Invasive Species
- Plenary keynote by Dr. Gretchen Hansen, University of Minnesota on “Direct and indirect effects of zebra mussels and spiny water fleas on walleye and yellow perch”
- Town hall discussion session on AIS
- From science to action on nutrients and algae, including:
- Engagement session with Environment and Climate Change Canada to seek input on lake ecosystem objectives and options for reducing phosphorus from Canadian sources.
Virtual Structure: We are aiming to have the presentation sessions as close to the traditional oral presentations of the Forum with as much interaction as possible.
- Presentations will be pre-recorded to minimize possibility of technical issues during the sessions. We will be providing presenters technical instructions and facilitation to help with the recording.
- Presentations will be available for a week ahead of the Forum, so that attendees can preview at their own pace.
- During the Forum, presentations will be streamed during themed sessions and followed by moderated live question and answer discussion with the authors.
- Forum attendees will also be able to submit questions directly using the “chat” feature.
Conference details: at the Foundation’s website www.lowwsf.com/watershed-forum.