Call for Board Nominations
Nominations for 2019 Election are being accepted at this time!
NALMS is seeking candidates that will add diversity and breadth to the Board and its committees.
You could become a nominee for a position on the NALMS Board of Directors, to take a more active role in steering the direction of activities that relate to these precious resources. Experience or training in lake management is not required for a board position, and we encourage candidates with expertise in nonprofit management, leadership development, marketing, fundraising, legal issues and membership growth and development to consider running for a Board position.
Nominations are being accepted for the following Board positions:
- Region 1 Director – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Region 3 Director – Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
- Region 5 Director – Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin
- Region 9 Director – Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada
- At-large Director – Representing the interests of the Society as a whole
- Student At-large Director – Representing student members in North America and beyond
The President-Elect serves a three-year term including one year as President and one year as Immediate Past-President. The Treasurer serves a two-year term. Regional Directors serve three-year terms and act and vote in the interests of the Society as a whole, while bringing regional concerns to the attention of the Board. The At-large Director serves a three-year term and acts and votes in the interest of the Society as a whole. The Student At-large Director serves a one-year term and acts and votes in the interests of the Society as a whole, while bringing student concerns to the attention of the Board.
Any member may submit nominations. Candidates must be nominated by at least two members to be eligible and self-nomination is encouraged if supported by two other NALMS members.
Nominations are due no later than August 12, 2019 and must be made in writing and include an address, email address and phone number for the nominee.
The Nominations Committee will screen nominees to ensure active membership and conformity with criteria for office, including, but not limited to:
- Demonstrated interest and participation in the Society;
- Leadership ability and other qualifications listed in the position requirements; and
- Willingness to accept the duties of office as outlined in the position requirements, including commitment to attend semi-annual board meetings.
Submit nominations or questions about Board position requirements to the Nominating Committee via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.