NMC 2021 is Going Virtual!
Abstract deadline extended to October 8, 2020
The National Water Quality Monitoring Council will host its 12th National Monitoring Conference online during the week of April 19, 2021. All federal, state, tribal and local water professionals, nonprofits, academia, and volunteer citizen scientists are welcome at this important national forum.
Networking and opportunities to create new relationships will abound for attendees. Whether you seek to develop new skills, learn about the latest technologies, or simply exchange information on a wide variety of topics relevant to water resources, the National Monitoring Conference is for you. Lakes and wetlands, rivers and streams, coastal waters and estuaries, groundwater, and processed water—all water resources—will be represented. The conference attracts the highest quality professional papers and posters and is a destination conference for many in the field.
2021 Conference Themes Include:
- Monitoring Biological Integrity and Ecological Health in Rivers and Streams, Lakes and Reservoirs, Wetlands, and Estuaries
- Emerging and Persistent Contaminants of Concern to Aquatic Life and Human Health
- Monitoring Water Across a Changing Hydrologic Cycle
- Tools to Mine, Share, and Visualize Water Quality Data
- Tools to Acquire, Analyze and Model Water Quality Data and Relationships
- New Technologies for Remote Sensing and Satellite Applications, Continuous and Discrete Monitoring, and Other Applications
- Effective Monitoring Collaborations and Partnerships
- Assessing Nonpoint Source Impacts on Water Quality and Measuring Effectiveness of Best Management Practices
- Assessing and measuring the effectiveness of TMDLS and Watershed-based Management
- HABs and Other Nutrient Relationships
- Groundwater monitoring, characterization, and trends
Please distribute this announcement to your staff and water colleagues
Questions? Learn more about the Council and previous conferences at: http://acwi.gov/monitoring/. Contact the 2021 National Water Monitoring Conference Co-Chairs Lareina Guenzel, Guenzel.Lareina@epa.gov; Tim Oden, firstname.lastname@example.org; and Marie DeLorenzo, email@example.com. To get on our conference mailing list, please contact Philip Forsberg, firstname.lastname@example.org.