NALMS brings back Lakes Appreciation Month student poster contest
NALMS is thrilled to announce it’s bringing back a program favorite: the Lakes Appreciation Month student poster contest!
July has been Lakes Appreciation Month for the past 22 years; to celebrate, we are inviting elementary, middle, and high school students to submit posters reflecting on how important lakes are to all of us. Submitted artwork will be a big part of NALMS’ celebrations through July across North America. Show us your love for lakes by sending us your artwork!
Posters will be judged by grade range, with a winning poster in each division: elementary (grades 1-4), middle (grades 5-8), and high school (9-12) —
- A $250 cash prize will be awarded to the three winning artists’ schools! Schools are encouraged to utilize these funds for STEM or lake ecology curriculum/materials, activities, and/or field trips.
- A $50 cash prize will be awarded to the three winning student artists!
Items of note:
- Poster submissions must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2020 LAM Poster Contest.”
- Posters should express the concept of the theme, “Diverse Lakes, Landscapes, and People” and reflect the values of Lakes Appreciation Month.
- View full contest details for submission instructions, judging criteria, and theme inspiration!
Help us spread the word:
- Through our downloadable, printable handout – download your copy!
- Through social media! Please use the hashtags: #LakesAppreciation, #LAMPosterContest.
- Through word of mouth – PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION ON TO YOUR LOCAL SCHOOLS, YOUTH GROUPS, ETC.!