NATIONAL MONITORING CONFERENCE
The National Water Quality Monitoring Council (NWQMC or "Council") in partnership with NALMS hosted its 8th National Monitoring Conference – Water: One Resource – Shared Effort – Common Future
on April 30 – May 4, 2012.
Nearly 1,100 attendees took part in this national forum that provided an exceptional opportunity for federal, state, local, tribal, volunteer, academic, private, and other water stakeholders to exchange information and technology related to water monitoring, assessment, research, protection, restoration, and management, as well as to develop new skills and professional networks.
Conference themes covered:
- Applying Innovative Monitoring Technologies and Methods
- Strengthening and Advancing Assessment Methods and Models
- Addressing Climate and Water Availability Issues
- Communicating Science and Data to Decision Makers and the Public
- Managing and Sharing Water Quality Monitoring Data
- Strengthening Monitoring Collaboration and Partnerships at all Scales
- Addressing Emerging Contaminants and Emerging Threats to Water Quality
- Evaluating and Managing Water Protection and Restoration Activities